Industrial Craft 2 Classic (Often abbreviated as 'IC2' or 'IC2C') is a large mod that adds machines and gameplay mechanics that focus on electricity generation (in the form of EU), transportation of electricity, and machines that process materials or transform the nearby landscape. IC2 in Tekxit has some differences from the various Industrial Craft versions discussed on the official wiki.
New Ores, Materials, and Resources
IC2 adds 3 new ores: Copper, tin, and uranium. Copper and tin can be processed in a macerator and combined to create bronze. Uranium can be used to power Nuclear Generators. IC2 also adds rubber trees to the game. These trees generate sticky resin that can be processed into rubber in a furnace. Rubber can be used to insulate wires, which are used to transport electricity and to craft many of IC2's new machines and tools.
New Machines and Tools
IC2 adds a large variety of machines:
- Macerators turn 1 ore into 2 dust, each dust can be smelted into 1 ingot, doubling your output.
- Extractors convert resin into 3 rubber, or 1 rubber tree wood into 1 rubber.
- Compressors can convert sand into sandstone and snowballs into ice, and are used to make Advanced Alloys and Carbon Plates, both of which are new IC2 items that are used to create other machines.
- New furnaces smelt much faster using electricity instead of coal.
- Mass Fabricators convert massive amounts of energy into UU Matter, which is used to create materials for some of the most powerful items in the game.
- The Terraformer uses blueprints to transform the surrounding area, converting dirt to sand, flattening all blocks above the machine, or freezing everything.
IC2 adds electricity generators:
- A simple Generator that converts burnable things into small amounts of electricity.
- Several tiers of solar panels that passively generate electricity during the day in clear weather.
- Nuclear reactors that generate massive amounts of energy but can go horribly wrong.
- IC2's electricity system uses Electricity Units (EU) in several different voltages: Low, Medium, High, Extreme, and Insane Voltage. Different voltages have different requirements for transport and usage.
- Transformers can convert LV to MV, EV to HV, etc.
- Batteries can be created early on, and can store small amounts of energy to keep generators and other electrical machines going.
IC2 adds electricity storage:
- The BatBox can store electricity and charge electric tools, and additional tiers of storage are available later in the game.
IC2 adds hand-held tools:
- Treetaps to extract resin from trees for rubber production.
- Wrenches to rotate or safely remove IC2 machines.
- IC2 also adds a gameplay mechanic: Removing an IC2 machine without a wrench has a high chance of returning just a Machine Block, which is a component used in most IC2 machines. This forces you to re-make whatever that machine was.
- Electric tools that never break but must be recharged periodically.